There are 6 Modules in the Data Analytics & Data Visualization with Qlikview course . If you want to switch to Data Analytics from a different domain , starting with a Data visualization tool is an excellent choice as it helps you in learning the intricacies of data analytics in a simple but effective way . The modern Data Data Visualization tool like Qlik View , Tableau , Power BI have capture all the essentials of statistics , data science , data analytics and present it in such a way that even a non technical person can understand it and use it for his business. Over and Above this it also provides the facilities of sharing it with other business user and also connect to practically all the database / data warehouse / Big Data system present , thus giving the Learners a Good idea about all these tools / technologies and getting them ready to become a Data Scientist
In module 1 , you will get an overview of BI Tools and you will be introduced to QlikView. Further you will learn about its features and architecture.
In module 2, you will learn the need and different features of scripting. You will learn about script toolbar, adding/editing tabs, variables, fields, joins and keep.
In module 3, you will learn about different QV data file types and ways to resolve the synthetic keys and circular reference.
In module 4, you will learn how to modify the existing data to a new data format. You will learn about different types of loads and tables
In module 5, you will learn to visualize the data in QlikView. You will also be able to add various advanced functions in the report.
In module 6, you will learn to analyze the data using set, indirect, and what-if analysis. You will also be learning about some advanced QV operations.
Detailed Course Content
Module 1 Topics:
- What is BI?
- Introduction to Visualization
- What is QlikView?
- Features and components of QlikView
- Installation & Navigation
- Report Interface
- QVS, QVW and .log files
- Sheet Objects
- Dimensions and Expressions
- Presentation/ Layout / Sort tabs
Module 2 Topics:
- Need of Scripting
- What is Scripting?
- Script Toolbar
- Function in QlikView (Sum, Avg, Count, Date, etc)
- Joins: Inner, Left, Right and Outer
- Script Menu Commands
- QlikView Variables and Fields
- Creating tabs in the script
- Adding Sheet Objects
- Inline table
- Edit Script
- QlikView Operations: Concatenate, If statement
- Create variables, Inline load, Functions and Joins
Module 3 Topics:
- QlikView Data File Types: QVD
- Star schema
- Synthetic Key Tables
- Circular References & its causes
- Ways to Resolve Synthetic Keys and Circular Reference
- Using Qualify & unqualify
- Link Table
- Concatenation: Forced, Auto, No
- Data Model optimization
- Master Calendar
- Star Schema, Synthetic key, Circular reference
- Concatenation, Qualify & Unqualify
Module 4 Topics:
- Generating data in the QlikView Script
- Different Type of Loads
- Incremental load with QVD file
- Column manipulation
- Tables: Straight and Pivot, Cross
- Mapping Table
- Security – Section Access and Control
- Preceding load, Resident load & Incremental Load
- Rotating, Pivot, Cross & Mapping Tables
- Security with Section Access
Module 5 Topics:
- Sheet Objects: Slider, Text Box, Current Selections Box
- QlikView Advance Functions:
- Chart object menu
- Visualization Charts: Bar chart, line, combo, radar, scatter, grid, pie, funnel, block, gauge
- Chart Formatting
- Alternate State
- Advanced QV functions
- QlikView visualization charts: Bar, line, Combo, Radar, Scatter, Pie, Grid, Funnel & Mekko
- Chart Functions
Module 6 Topics:
- Set Analysis (Indirect Set Analysis, Identifiers, Modifiers & Operators)
- What-if Analysis
- Comparative Analysis
- Dynamic Reporting or Ad-hoc Reporting.
- Conditionally Enabling Dimensions
- What-If Analysis, Comparative & Set Analysis